Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Am Really Sick! 

I am Really Sick.   I have an actual medical condition.  I am not sure what it is called but I am pretty sure I have it.

I am sniffing and sneezing and wheezing.  I think I am allergic to to moldy wet towels.  Every towel we own is wet on the floor, the couch, beds, the kitchen table.  I believe this has made me sick.

I get hot flashes.  All of a sudden I am looking for the stinky old man and low and behold it is me that stinketh.  My door is not able to close properly because no one knows how to shut it behind them.  I am suddenly hot and I believe this is bringing on menopause.

I have become anti social.  I find myself going into my room and locking the door a lot.  I do this when I want to talk on the phone, put on my shoes, look at my gray hairs, check out the new mole on my nose or  have an uninterrupted thought.  There are people in every room of my house all the time.  I even cleaned my closet to go stand in to be by myself.  I am getting sicker by the day.

My hair is falling out.  Every comb, brush, blow dryer,  flat iron, and even my special "afro pick" has been borrowed.  I find that when I now comb my hair I tend to pull the hair out because my fingernails are so long because I HAVE NO NAIL CLIPPERS.  I will be bald by the end of summer.

My eyes are failing.  If I have to watch "Camp Rock" one more time I will actually gouge them out myself.  

I have a ringing in my ears.  Every person in our family has their own ipod and they play them the same time.  Even when they are turned off I still hear "I kissed a girl and I liked it".   I don't like it.    

I'm mentally confused.  I planned a trip to Hannah Montana and Waverly Place.  

Some people say that by the time summer ends they are "sick of their kids".  I am not sick of my kids no no no, but something in my house is definitely making my sick.  School has now been out for 5 weeks, I wonder what is making me so sick.  I called the doctor and they can't get me in until August 11th.  I wonder if I will still be sick then.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Such strange symptoms! Seems to be a chronic condition. Have you done anything different that may have triggered these symptoms in, say, the last 22 years?

Molly Wright said...

Your blog makes me happy. Especially this entry.

Mandy said...

My mom told me to check out this entry because it would make me laugh. She was right - my mom is always right. And Elise's post about the 4th of July made me laugh, too. You guys are great!

John and Lisa said...

Colleen!!! I LOVE your blog! You asked me to help you put it together, which I never did...but I think I need YOU to give ME a few pointers. Thanks for a good laugh. I'll be visiting more. And...I guess it's time I update my own. Thanks!!