Friday, June 6, 2008

HERE COMES SUMMER!

There are a few things about summer I love.  I love 7 trips to Carson Pool a day.  I love lots of Krazy Sub 1/2 pepsi 1/2 diet pepsi with extra ice.  I love little boys "butch" haircuts.  I love the Corn and Tater party.  I love girls camp.  I love Cub Scout Day Camp, Which by the way is the subject of my post.  
If there some of you who live under a rock and have not ever been to CSDC you have really missed out on the finer things in life.  Day Camp is at South Mountain at the Heard Pueblo.  Which is really cool.  It goes for 3 consecutive days from either 8am-2pm or 3pm-10pm.  Our stake likes the afternoon session.  To keep the boys cool they have sprinklers going everywhere in the trees, on every path.  Even those east mesa moms hair was flattened and they had to wear hats like everyone else.  Also they encourage the boys to bring squirt bottles and throw water balloons, even at the adults.  Yesterday when I went there was some kid that kept hitting me every time I walked out of our campsite.  One balloon even had a rock in it.    I had had enough of that little twerp and when we went to the last rotation in the amphitheater I put a big water balloon down under him and he sat on it.  Ha Ha it totally looked like he wet his pants.  On the way home the boys in my car were so stinky I had to continually smell my armpit for some fresh air.  I'm sure none of them showered when they got home because they did swim in the pool earlier that day.  It was great fun and the best part, I was only invited to go one day.  Really the best part was my Joe Coleman who was by far the nicest kid there.  There are many great things of summer coming up, so I will keep you posted.
Colleen  

4 comments:

Brad's Mom said...

HA! HA! HA! Be thankful that you are not related to a person AKA Uncle Frank!!!

{jennifer} said...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh today! I love when something stinks so bad that even breathing through your mouth doesn't help. I will have to remember the armpit maneuver!

Reynolds Fam said...

I love the blog! You will have to check out Stacy Householders for her random thougths. http://www.sistahsunshine.blogspot.com/

I'm excited to hang around you at camp.

Marie said...

Aunt Colleen - I have realized that I don't see you often enough, because everyone needs someone like you to brighten up their day - EVERYDAY!!! Your blog is so cute and hilarious. I am absolutely jealous of your PA system. I'm afraid I'd be shot faster than you're going to be, so we probably won't be getting one any time soon.