Sunday, June 22, 2008



I've Had a "Ruff" Day at Work
I read in the paper last week that Friday was the official "Take your Dog to Work Day."  Really and truly I am not making this up.  This picture is not my dog it came out of the paper.

How do you know is ready to go to work?  Has he talked to his dog therapist and does he have subconscience desires to be more than a mutt.  Does he want to be a professional canine?  Another question:  Is it legal?  There are child welfare laws.  Wouldn't the ASPCA or PETA want to be involved?  What hours would your dog work?  Would one hour equal seven hours?
Would he wear doggie outfits or come "fido al fresco?"

My most burning question is:  Is this fair that dogs get to work and cats are left at home?
We used to have 3 cats Rip, Chloe, and Pedro.  Pedro was an undocumented cat.

He was a cat who participated in the Coleman version of "Take your Cat to Work."  Pedro volunteered to work at Daren's Construction yard.  He was a pioneer, he was politically correct and best of all he is gone.  Maybe taking your pet to work will take the place of the previous excuse of "our cat ran away."  Sounds good!  Stuff your pet in a burlap bag and ...
Take Your Pet to Work! 

2 comments:

mollie said...

I wish more people would take their cats to work. I heard on the radio this morning that there were wild puppies loose on the freeway. Sounds like they were being dragged to work against their will and escaped.

Marie said...

You can borrow my dog to take to work. Don't worry about bringing her back either. I really don't want her. Don't tell John I said that - oh wait - he already knows!