Monday, October 6, 2008

I Simply Remember.....

So things just haven't been all that darn funny lately! Jake went on a mission and I miss him terribly. And there have been some other so not funny things. So I have a little trick when I am down or wishing I was happier I try to go to a happy place. This is a place where I store (in the vast expanse of my mind) things that make me laugh or smile.

Here are some of the Highlights in my Happy Box.

Best Church ever: The whole armor of God demonstration with JR Wright trying to keep his shoes perched on the tips of his toes while balancing on the podium wearing a paper plate hat.


I Love this picture of Daren and John riding the quad. Dad is doing all the worrying and John is just having a ball.

How did these boys get so handsome?

Elisabeth and I at the Lame Brook White concert. The mayor had just proclaimed Holy Mesa Brook White Day when Brook said she had a hairball in her throat and couldn't sing any more.
I proudly display my cake I made for Elisabeth's Awsome Office Party
Married 25 years and he is still as Hot as the day I stole his pencils from his back pocket during sophomore registration at Westwood
The prophets went 4 wheeling and haven't been seen since
John had this same smile on his face every time he got to ride the bus to school
I love camp cause me best friends go there
Leslie and Will always make me smile

I love to watch Sarah swim!





Some other items in my little happy box:
Colleen Coleman Come on Down. I kissed Bob Barker's cheek and he didn't even smell like an old man.

The feeling I had when I finished the Catalina Marathon .

My Mom had her temple shoes stolen so on her new pair she wrote "Helen Chapman's shoes Do not steal". Then she knelt down and everybody could see the bottom her shoes.

Daren and I went to Hawaii and we went snorkeling. I saw this really pretty blue fish on the bottom of the little shallow pool we were in and went down to look at it really really close. When I surfaced I looked up and I was looking at this man's fin on his foot and I was sitting in his lap. As I came up he was looking at Daren and his wife and they were all laughing so hard because they had been watching me the whole time.

I am adding to my happy box every time an email or a letter comes from Jake. This makes me so happy.

A few months ago we went to dinner and then played in Jayme Bawden's new house this was so fun. I put this in the happy box too.

I love to laugh with my sisters and Mom.

I loved President Monson's message on the Sunday morning session of conference. He talked about counting your blessings and being happy now instead of putting it off until all is going well.
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.
Thank you to all for being my friends
Love Colleen

7 comments:

John and Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your happy things. Sometimes...that's the only way to keep moving forward. Actually, I would put your blog up there as one of the things that makes me happy. Thank you!

elise said...

mom, i love you. i love that you try to make people laugh when things get hard. only i'm crying right now. at school. people are looking at me. but thanks for making me laugh.

Delight said...

Colleen! I am happy that I am included in some of your happy times like you are in many of mine. One happy time that you didn't list was when life was simple and we both lived on Nina Drive and would sit out and watch our little kids play because we were too broke to go anywhere or do anything else. We would pray that Todd Palmer wouldn't run over any of our fiesty little kids in his Jeep. Now the happy thing about that is that Todd Palmer turned out to be such a nice grown up adult and he never killed any of our children! That's happy!

Unknown said...

Well done. I am proud of you and love you more.

Molly Wright said...

I agree with Lisa. Your blog posts are in my happy box! Along with the image of JR wearing the armour of God made from cardbord, paper plates and spray paint. If we only had a real picture of that! And I think Larry would be happy to know that his artwork made it on your blog!

Rachel said...

Hi Colleen! I just happened upon your blog. I totally remember the JR/armor of God thing! Aww Good times.

Nancy Face said...

Your Happy Box is VERY happy! :D